About our client
Instantly recognised for its excellence in helping major organisations deliver some of the most prestigious projects in the UK, as part of its vision for the future, this expanding practice has created an exciting opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor at Associate level to operate from their Birmingham Offices.
For the right individual, the ambition is to fast-track the successful appointee to Director Level.
With a sharp vision and focus to attract the best professionals, they need a consummate professional who can act on a range of professional instructions and help deliver projects to expand their service offering.
The working environment caters specifically for those who want the best possible experience and ensures that everyone is busy tackling challenging projects from start to finish.
Commitment to excellence
A unique working environment and commitment to excellence have made it a sought-after partner for prestigious projects across the UK in commercial, residential and specialist sectors.
With ongoing client instructions to focus and service, this is an excellent opportunity for (RICS) professionals with distinct expertise covering both professional and project management instructions.
You will be looking to utilise your client connections and develop your professional standing. You will be an outgoing personality who enjoys challenging projects, expanding your expertise, and building new relationships in your sector.
Coordination with Confidence
With growing confidence, you will be expected to manage consultants and junior colleagues, coordinating work and projects under your control. Leadership demands more than just knowledge; it also involves understanding business processes, team development and client development.
Manageable with clear goals
The duties are wide-ranging yet manageable, with clear goals when achieved, making this job exciting!
Work closely with your colleagues.
You’ll work closely with directors and colleagues with clear expectations, collaborating to ensure everything runs smoothly.
There’s no need to reinvent any wheels when it comes down to this process – take advantage by helping out where needed.
Building Surveyor – Key Accountabilities
Assisting the on a range of tasks, including:
- Drive exceptional delivery throughout by standard-setting
- Provide project-lead role for commissions
- Develop your skills to secure new work and help develop the business streams
- Support Directorate in meeting Business Plan objectives
- Maintain and build relationships with existing clients and contacts
- Account Manager for one or more key Client accounts.
- Regularly attend business networking events
- Contribute to raising the profile of the product, the business and wider operations.
- Support and lead ongoing marketing campaigns and activities
- Manage, coordinate and prepare fee proposals and tenders
- Identify and prepare additional fee requests.
- Ensure robust commission management, ensuring profitability margins are met, and client satisfaction is achieved.
More about you
- You will have a building discipline Degree and attain RICS qualification.
- You will be operating at the desired level or looking to step up.
- Experience, as a Building Surveyor, across professional work and managing projects
- Broad experience and ideally some gained in the industrial/logistics sector.
- Ambitious to succeed.
- Demonstrable experience in business development and managing client projects.
If you would like to discuss this role in full confidence, please call Jeff Edgar on 07778 012166. Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com.
If you want to be kept advised of other similar opportunities in the future, click here to register your interest.
Suitable candidates may be working as a Senior Building Surveyor, Project Manager, or Associate Building Surveyor.
Taking a flexible approach to working practices whilst spending time in the office, you could be based in Birmingham; Wolverhampton; Kidderminster; Nuneaton; Tamworth; Worcester; Rugby; Redditch; Leamington Spa; Coventry; Stratford Upon Avon; Solihull or potentially Leicestershire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire or Worcestershire.