About our client
Instantly recognised for its excellence in helping major organisations deliver some of the most prestigious projects in the UK, as part of its vision a newly created opportunity, at Director level, for a Cost Manager.
With a clear vision and focus to attract the best professionals, they need a consummate professional who can help deliver several projects and expand their service offering.
The working environment caters specifically for those who want the best possible experience and ensures that everyone is busy tackling challenging projects from start to finish.
Commitment to excellence
A unique working environment and commitment to excellence have made it a sought after partner for prestigious projects across the UK in commercial, residential and specialist sectors.
With ongoing client instructions to focus and service, this is an excellent opportunity for (RICS) professionals with distinct expertise or a generalist in industrial, education or national frameworks.
You will be looking to utilise your client connections and develop your professional standing. You will be an outgoing personality who enjoys challenging projects, expanding your expertise, and building new relationships in your sector.
Coordination with Confidence
You will have the confidence to manage teams of consultants and surveyors, coordinating several projects under your control at any one time. Your breadth of knowledge will ensure all work is resourced and completed to the satisfaction of the Company’s Clients.
Our client believes (and will help you attain) that a distinct leadership level demands more than just knowledge; it also involves understanding business processes, team development and client development.
Manageable with clear goals
You will be in charge, not just for one project but overall targets on-time quality and costs per assigned task, besides identifying fee claims necessary with approval by fellow directors. The duties are wide-ranging yet manageable, with clear goals when achieved, making this job exciting!
Work closely with your colleagues.
You will be the number one point of contact for all things related to hiring, training and managing staff. You’ll work closely with fellow directors to set clear expectations while providing a solid supporting role at monthly meetings so that everything runs smoothly.
There’s no need to reinvent any wheels when it comes down to this process – take advantage by helping out where needed.
Cost Manager – Key Accountabilities
Assisting the on a range of tasks, including:
- Drive exceptional delivery throughout the project lifecycle
- Provide project-lead role for commissions
- Actively involved in securing new work and developing office team
- Support Directorate in meeting Business Plan objectives
- Maintain and build relationships with existing clients and contacts
- Account Manager for one or more key Client accounts.
- Regularly attend business networking events
- Contribute to raising the profile of the business and operations
- Support and lead ongoing marketing campaigns and activities
- Manage, coordinate and prepare fee proposals and bids.
- Identify and prepare additional fee requests.
- Ensure robust commission management, ensuring profitability margins are met, and client satisfaction is achieved.
More about you
- You will have a construction-related Degree, and preferably RICS qualified.
- You will be operating at the desired level or looking to step up.
- Experience, as a Cost Manager, in major and complex projects
- Knowledge of national frameworks (possibly)
- Preferably in the industrial/logistics sector.
- Ambitious to succeed.
- Demonstrable experience in business development and managing client projects.
If you would like to discuss this role in total confidence, please give Jeff Edgar a call on 07778 012166. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to be kept advised of other similar opportunities in the future, click here to register your interest.
Suitable candidates may be working as a Senior QS, Quantity Surveyor, Cost Manager, Senior Cost Manager, Associate QS, Senior Cost Consultant Manager, Commercial Manager, Construction Cost Manager, Project Manager, Senior Project Manager or possibly Director QS.
Taking a flexible approach to working practices whilst spending time in the office, you could be based in Birmingham; Coleshill; Wolverhampton; Kidderminster; Nuneaton; Tamworth; Worcester; Rugby; Redditch; Leamington Spa; Coventry; Stratford Upon Avon; Solihull or potentially Leicestershire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire or Worcestershire.